Saturday, January 8, 2011

2011-'Redeemed and Set Free'

2010 was a year of many tests. I've heard many say 10 means tests which turn into your 'Testimony!' Yes I would have to agree. I've also heard 10+1 means new. And yes-I am looking forward to many 'new' doors opening this year.

It was this time last year I watched the movie "Julia and Julia" that led me to begin blogging honestly not knowing why and really not sure anyone is really following. Odd enough, as I read thru the year, I see a person who has been tested in many ways and has remained Faithful knowing 'with God All things are possible.'

As I was reflecting on the year, yes there was much happening and along the way a couple amazing things I'm not sure I've shared.

From there, I was led to re-read my journals I've kept since 2005 when God got hold of me. Much focus as been on my Daughters, Family Real Estate Business, my divorce, my 'calling in life' to be a Chaplain-how, when and where, and finally my Re-Marriage. Pretty much, if it happened it got written about. wow.

The common thread with all of the things I journal about is the amazing journey I've been on and the healing that has been occurring and the freedom from many years of chains being let go.

I knew God was completely in control, what I didn't realize is how hard it would be for me, being the perfectionist, to completely 'let go' and be 'set free.'

After my car was stolen in August, it was found and I was led to sell it. I used the proceeds to do something I've never done which was to embrace the best job I've had for now 22 years and that is 'being a Mom.' I continued to maintain my Real Estate activities on a much smaller level and allowed my self to enjoy the Holidays with the girls as I've never done before. No financial burdens, work burdens just enjoy. (yes many thought I was nuts, but today I will tell you it was the BEST thing I've ever done.)

I was able to borrow a car and attend a week long Chaplain training seminar which was a result of me getting to meet the Chaplains at the Juvenile Court when I attended the hearing for the 2 kids charged for stealing my car. It was like I would walk out of the training every day extremely tearful as I was understanding so much of myself and the purpose and passion God had created in me. So many years of me feeling like I just didn't fit it really began making sense. Almost like taking your foot and putting it in a shoe and it fitting oh so perfect.

I also bought 4 boxes of the One Year Bible in hopes to begin sort of a 'Discipleship Training Program.' (many know it's my prayer to share my story of hope completely with the help of this amazing journey of reading and receiving the Word with this Daily program and for it to eventually be used as the curriculem esp. in Texas where a Law was passed that Bible Literacy is to be taught!)

Then in November a prophetic message came that said, "You are ready to do what God has called you to do, you are SET FREE!" (Yes-I was anticipating this as the One Year Bible reading was in the book of Ezekiel.)

It's still very early in the year and my blog of Trusting God for All has honestly began to be very real in every aspect of my life. I find myself relying on him for just about everything and a couple times when I forget-like when technology tries to fail-I'm quick to say, "yup-this one is your's too God!"

I won't even try to see or say what God has in store for me. Today in the One Year Bible in the book of Matthew it says, "You can enter God's Kingdom only through the narrow gate. The highway to hell is broad, and its gate is wide for the many who choose that way. But, the gateway to life is very narrow and the road is difficult, and only a few ever find it."

What I will say, is I'm continuing on the 'narrow' path ready to enter God's Kingdom and will close with the following prayer and yes as you know....Trusting God for All!

Our Father in heaven,
may your name be kept holy.
May your Kingdom come soon.
May your will be done on earth,
as it is in heaven.
Give us today the food we need,
and forgive us our sins,
as we have forgiven those who
sin against us.
And don't let us yield to temptation,
but rescue us from the evil one.

1 comment:

  1. God bless you as you purpose to know Him, and the power of His resurrection and the fellowship of His sufferings...

    ReplyDelete